My health care
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
AncientCon

Keto Slim X Advanced Weight Loss Empty Keto Slim X Advanced Weight Loss

Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:26 pm
Keto Slim X Advanced Weight Loss- Click Link For More Info ==> https://bit.ly/3k8zZOD

I started at 265 and it took until at least 230 to be noticeable. People really started complimenting me at around 200 because it was undeniable at that point.
AbyssSpark

Keto Slim X Advanced Weight Loss Empty Re: Keto Slim X Advanced Weight Loss

Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:27 am
I've got a lot of weight to lose, but I'm not sure how long it will take for my weight loss to be noticeable. I'm 5'2" (barely!) and I have between 90 and 100lbs to lose.

How long does it take, on average, for weight loss to be noticeable? Especially for those of us who are on the vertically challenged side?

Also, for those of us who are shorter, how long did it take you to drop clothing size(s)?
CoinBoredom

Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:27 am
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmagic
I'm just wondering how other people feel about this and if you or someone you know has ever been in this situation. Please keep in mind that if a person only has $4 a day for food, imagine their budget for gas, so suggesting going to bargain stores all around town (if there even are any) to get good deals, that's pretty much impossible unless you'd like to drive them there free of charge.

My husband and I went through a rough patch when our monthly food budget was $25 for the whole month for both of us. We still managed to eat fairly healthfully, but only by using multiple saving strategies including going to bargain stores all around town.

My husband was very skeptical when I first suggested it, because he thought that any savings would be cancelled out by the cost of gas. But even when gas was $4 per gallon, we were able to save enough to make the extra trips worth it. And our car then was an even bigger gas guzzler than our current car which gets about 20 miles to the gallon (it would be nice to be able to buy an efficient car, but our last two cars had to be purchased based on what we could find in our price range, which generally has been old, gas-guzzlers).

We had to calculate the savings and the cost of gas to prove to ourselves that the extra trips were worth the extra gas. At $4 per gallon, and about 15 to 20 miles per gallon, that meant that we had to save more than $4 to compensate for the every 15 to 20 miles of driving.

We were able to save a lot more than that, so it was worth the extra gas money, but to find that out, we had to do quite a bit of planning and math.

Now this doesn't always help everyone, because some folks don't even have a car at all, but that doesn't mean they can't use some other strategies to save money. Carpooling with friends who do have a car (or making friends with someone with a car, even advertising on Craig's list and such) and who are willing to take a road trip or a shopping day, or planning shopping around other errands (which hubby and I still do - for example today we had a doctor's appointment, so on the way home, we stopped at the stores on that side of town, for the items that are cheaper in those stores).

A book that was extremely helpful to me was "The Complete Tightwad Gazette," by Amy Dacyczyn. I borrowed it from the library and found it so helpful that I bought my own copy (either from amazon.com or from a garage sale - I don't remember which but I do know that I paid less than $5 for the book including shipping and handling, because at the time I bought it, $5 was the absolute maximum I would ever spend on an optional purchase).

I checked out a bunch of other books on the topic of saving money, and eating cheaply (I would go to amazon.com and search for such books and then would right the titles down and look for them at my library. If my library didn't have it, I'd ask them to order it for me through interlibrary loan).

I kept my own notebook of strategies and information, and a price book listing the prices in various stores in town (I learned this from The Tightwad Gazette book).

We never drove all over town in one day, instead we would stop on our way to other places (hubby was working across town, so this was possible).

I'm not saying that you can do any of the things that we did, but the books (and websites) like The Tightwad Gazette are filled with hundreds of tips, some of which WILL work for you.

For example, we couldn't afford a freezer, so we couldn't buy in bulk. Once we started saving money, we were able to set money aside planning to buy a freezer (we actually were tremendously lucky to be able to afford it earlier than we would have on our own, because of Christmas money from family).

We also worked at saving money in other ways, so that we could afford to spend more of our money on food. For example, I almost never buy clothing (except for socks and underwear) new. Even though my size is rare in the thrift shops, I stop in to shop whenever I can. Yes, it does require some extra expense in gas, but I have to use the same formula - am I going to save more money than I'm going to spend in gas. With clothing, there's even more likelihood for this to be true.

As an example, the other day we went to Goodwill, because I desperately needed some tops. We're lucky that we only had to go to two stores, across town (about 10 miles in total, so less than $2 in gas). So to make the trip worth it, I had to save more than $2 AND stick within our budget (I had a birthday check of $30 from a relative, and our budget currently isn't as tight as it used to be, so I didn't strictly have to do the math, but it's become habit. I ALWAYS calculate whether a trip is "worth" my time, effort, and gas-money).

I bought five tops for less than $20 total including the $2 in gas money. This was actually an unusual trip. Usually, I would be lucky to find more than one top.

We don't buy anything new, that we can find used.

I often ask friends and relatives to "go in on" special deals with me. I've even made friends with people (at least in part) because they shared my enjoyment and interest in bargain-shopping and bargain-hunting.

When our money was tightest, we had the fewest options, but we could always save enough in bargain shopping to pay for the extra gas (we made sure of it). That may or may not be possible for you, but my guess is that you probably can save more than you are currently, even if only by a little bit. You'ld be surprised at all of the suggestions you can find online and in books on the subject.

When we only had $25 for the month, we ate TONS of cabbage, onions, celery, carrots, dry beans, tvp and the cheapest ground beef (tvp is soy protein granules) rice, pasta and chicken thighs (bought in as large a quantity as we were able), and local fish (before we could afford fishing licenses, most of our fish came from hubby's father who fishes practically every day, year 'round).

Another thing we did that DRASTICALLY helped our budget (because we both were on many medications) was learn to bargain shop for meds. We transferred our prescriptions to Sam's Club (you don't have to be a member to use the pharmacy or the vision department. So we buy our meds (and when we need them new glasses) at Sam's Club.

We also had our doctor help us find medications on the Sam's/Walmart's $4 list. Even though we now are both on medicare, which pays more of our prescription costs than when we were without drug coverage, we still have the doctor prescribe us the cheapest medication that will do the job. Today I was prescribed a new medication, and my doctor prescribed a medication on the $4 list. The newest version of the drug costs more than $50 per month, and the only advantage is that it only has to be taken once a day, where the older, cheaper form of the drug that I was prescribed has to be taken twice a day. I will gladly take an extra pill to save so much.

I know it sounds overwhelming, but saving money becomes addictive. Once you get started, you find more and more ways to save. At first (especially if you have very little to work with) it takes a lot of effort, for very little pay-off, but it snowballs. The more you save, the more strategies you will have available to save more.

The hardest part (at first) is realizing how much time you have to spend to see a benefit, but as you get more and more strategies, they take less and less time. For example, when we started, we did waste more time and gas-money than we had to. We still saved enough to more than compensate for the time and money spent, but the savings were so small at first that we wondered whether it was worth the effort. Eventually we learned ways to decrease the time and gas money and increase the savings.

Home-cooking was perhaps our biggest money saver. Another tip I learned from The Tighwad Gazette book. We kept a left-over bucket in the freezer. Anything that was left-over (scraps of meat or vegetables) went into the bucket to be made into soup.

I bought whole celery and carrots and peeled them myself. Vegetable parts that used to be "trash" such as celery leaves, cabbage and cauliflower cores, beet and turnip tops... went into the stock pot with a chicken carcass or even leftover chicken on the bone. If I bought a rotisserie chicken (as cheap as a whole chicken at Walmart), we'd eat most of the meat off and throw the carcass in with the veggie trimmings.

You can make a HUGE pot of soup for very little money. There were times when we ate soup nearly every day of the month.

I'm going on and on, which I tend to do on the topic of saving money, because it's become a huge passion for me. We have had friends and family who are literally shocked at how well we live on our current income. We have better furniture than they do (because we buy at garage sales and thrift stores), we buy clothes so cheap that we can dress as well or better (I've found clothing that I would have never been able to afford new. Once finding a $200.00 sweater for about $4).

We didn't start out this way, though. We started by saving less than $5 or $10 per month. We sometimes spent $6 in gas money, only to save $8-$10 (for a net savings of only $2 to $4 for two hours of work).

Slowly though we learned to spend less to save much more. We also did a lot of "bartering." For example, exchanging crochet lessons for fish and venison from friends and family who who hunt and fish. We went to the local farmers market at the end of the day (when vendors were willing to drastically cut prices so they wouldn't have to lug their remaining produce home, and perhaps have it not remain fresh enough to sell the following day). We were extremely friendly and complimentary to the vendors (because we're friendly, not with an ulterior motive - but it still resulted in these folks throwing in extra produce as a thank you, or as a way for us to try produce we weren't familiar with).

I'm doing it again - throwing out more and more tips instead of wrapping this post up. There just are so many ways to save just a few pennies, and the old saying really is true, "Watch the pennies, and the dollars take care of themselves." But it starts with saving the pennies, and at first you think, "all this effort just can't be worth it," but that's why it helps to document what you're spending and what you're saving, so you can see it in black and white - and enlist as much help as you can get. I have found saving "allies" at church, (free) knitting groups, and (when I was finally able to afford the dues) my TOPS weight loss group (The cost is $28 per year and $5 per month and a dime every week. The $5 monthly dues are free if you lose weight the month before, and the person who loses the most weight for the week, gets all the dimes). I also belong to a Freecycle online group (where people offer, and ask for items - and they all must be free. Anything can show up there from cars and computers to crafting supplies and clothing, and all of them have to be free).

Gotta stop before this post becomes ten pages long.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum